IRCO’s Diversity & Civic Leadership (DCL) program works closely with immigrant & refugee communities. Their signature activity is the ENGAGE Diversity & Civic Leadership Training offered annually. Over 90 community members have graduated this program in 2008-2011, educating, organizing, informing, and engaging a new generation of leaders. This year the following sessions are offered:
All Sessions are on Saturdays, 9am-12:30pm.
Crime Prevention (April 7, 2012)
- Learn about levels and types of adult and juvenile crimes and victimization, as well as the processing of criminal offenses and incarceration in the US.
- Discuss issues your communities face with crime and disorder, set goals for crime prevention, and identify resources for when crimes occur in your communities.
Emergency Preparedness & Management (May 5, 2012)
- Learn how governments and non-profits coordinate efforts for emergency preparedness and management.
- With a presentation by the Red Cross, learn about and identify resources, services, and funding to prepare for and protect your community during emergencies and disasters.
Housing (June 2, 2012)
- Learn about Rental Assistance and other anti-poverty resources, as well as public housing, and home-forward.
- Discuss ways to maintain good relationships with your landlord, and understand your Tenant Rights and Home-Owner Rights.
Please contact the following individuals if you have any questions or need more information:
- Pei-ru Wang Email: Peiruw@mail.irco.org 971-271-6525
- Abdiasis Mohamed Email: Abdiasism@mail.irco.org 971-271-6555
- Oleg Kubrakov Email: Olegk@mail.irco.org 971-271-6526